BECOOL – Brazil-EU Cooperation for Development of Advanced Lignocellulosic Biofuels is coordinated by the University of Bologna, Department of Agricultural Sciences, and is carried out by a consortium of thirteen partners from seven EU countries, including universities, research institutes, industries and SMEs.
The project has started in June 2017 and will run until May 2021. It has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 Research and Innovation Programme under grant agreement No. 744821.
BECOOL is strictly aligned with BioVALUE, a twin project in Brazil funded by five State Foundations and five industrial companies.
The two projects adopt a synergistic work programme that is based upon three common pillars:
- Biomass production and feedstock diversification;
- Biomass logistics;
- Conversion processes.
Click here to learn more about the activities of BECOOL
Click here to learn more about the international cooperation with BioVALUE
The partners of the BECOOL consortium are:
- University of Bologna (Italy, coordinator);
- Biochemtex s.p.a. (Italy);
- Biomass Technology Group (The Netherlands);
- Centro de Investigaciones Energéticas, Medioambientales y Tecnológicas (Spain);
- Centre for Renewable Energy Sources and Saving (Greece);
- Consiglio per la Ricerca in Agricoltura e l’Analisi dell’Economia Agraria (Italy);
- Deutsches Biomasseforschungszentrum Gemeinnuetzige GmbH – DBFZ (Germany);
- Energy Research Centre of the Netherlands (The Netherlands);
- ETA-Florence Renewable Energies (Italy);
- International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis (Austria),
- Consorzio per la Ricerca e la Dimostrazione sulle Energie Rinnovabili (Italy);
- Wageningen University & Research (The Netherlands);
- Teknologian tutkimuskeskus VTT Oy (Finland).