held in Berlin, Germany, 2-6 July 2002
The World Wind Energy Conference and Exhibition was organised to discuss the political, economic and technical issues to reach the future success of the global wind energy markets.
The Proceedings contain over 160 papers selected for presentation by the Technical Programme Committee and represent a significant update of different aspects of the important field of wind energy generation.
They cover a full range of topics including:
- National Reports from Around the World
- Review of Wind Markets, Policies and the Industry
- Environmental, Economic Aspects and Job Creation
- Wind Power Penetration Scenarios
- Technics, Cost and Operation of Wind Energy in Large Networks
- Wind Energy Prediction
- Investment Instruments for Wind Power
- Financing in Developing Countries
- Applications in Rural Areas and Islands, Hybrid Systems
- Applications in Buildings, for Desalination, Hydrogen, etc.
- Off-shore Wind Parks
- Control Strategies, Generators, Blades, Certification and Maintenance
- Multi Megawatt Wind Turbine Development
These Proceedings will be essential for all those in the wind industry, for energy policy makers, planners and for anyone involved or interested in wind energy research, development and application.
The Conference was realized by WIP-Munich, ETA-Florence and BWE.
The Proceedings are published by ETA-Florence.